Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Too big a time gap

It's been too long since my last blog post and mainly it's because after sitting at a computer all day at work, the last thing I want to do on my summer nights is stare at the computer for another few minutes.

I have been working in the garden a little. I've at least taken the time to water and inspect it for bugs every day or every other day. I need to spend about an hour weeding it. The weeds grow so fast.

I have large green tomatoes. They should turn soon. I have two zucchinis that are about four inches long. I have baby peppers on one pepper plant and a ton of flowers on my sprawling cucumber plants. It won't be too long before I can harvest a good harvest.

In other worlds, I've joined a few swap-bot swaps. I've wrapped them all up for a while. I need to take the last one to the post office today. I've been promising pictures of the garden and swaps, but for now, I'll share my healthy recipe from the Swap-bot Healthy Recipe Swap.

Eat Your Greens Guacamole

Ingredients

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed

1 lime, juiced

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup diced onion

3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

No comments: